Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nails of the Day- Candy Canes!



I was surfing around Youtube last night and I found this tutorial for Candy Cane Nails! I loved the look and decided to give them a go! I will give the full cred to the person whom I got the idea from at the bottom of the post :) 


These are the products I used to create the look. Dazzle Dry Base Coat/Top Coat, Sinful Colors in Ruby Ruby, Wet N Wild in Hallucinate, and the Stripe Rite Nail Design pen in White.

First Off, The Dazzle Dry base coat. I love love love the Dazzle Dry Products. I can not rave enough about this stuff.

Next Up, The Sinful Colors Polish in Ruby Ruby. I actually only needed one coat (gotta love Sinful colors) because I was worried about too many layers on my nails after all is said and done. :)
Then we add the white lines to make the "Candy Canes". Make two white lines close together then leave a slightly bigger space of red  then two more white lines. The amount of white lines you will need change depending on how long your nails are. 
In the video the woman used a red sparkle polish, but I couldn't find any at Walgreen's when I went, probably because it's so close to Christmas and everyone wants festive sparkly nails! :) So I found this polish by Wet N Wild and it reminded me of snow flakes so I figured that would be perfect for Holiday nails! So put a thin coat of your sparkle polish on all the nails.
Then add your top coat and you're done! :) I love love love these nails! I can't wait to show them off.


SHOUT OUT TO:

CutePolish on Youtube. 
I Love her videos! She has the cutest Nail Tutorials. This idea was hers and I wanted to recreate it! <3 So thanks girly, I love it!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment